NYC Marathon will be cancelled -- city official
WASHINGTON Nov 2 (Reuters) - The New York City Marathon, one of the premier U.S. distance-running events, will not take place as planned on Sunday, a New York city official said.
City officials and the organizers of the marathon have been under pressure to cancel the event as the Northeast struggles to recover from heavy flooding and power outages caused by superstorm Sandy.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source