Rival Libya militias clash near Tripoli security building
TRIPOLI Nov 4 (Reuters) - Rival armed militias clashed outside Libya's Supreme Security Committee headquarters in central Tripoli on Sunday and the building was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade, a Reuters witness said.
Haitham Ben Nour, a doctor at a nearby hospital, said he had received at least five casualties from the fighting which began in the early hours of Sunday.
Ben Nour said gunfire had also damaged parts of the hospital.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea