- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
Bahrain's Ahli United Bank Q3 net profit rises 11 pct
DUBAI Nov 5 (Reuters) - Ahli United Bank, Bahrain's largest lender by market value, saw its third-quarter net profit rise 11 percent, the bank said in a statement on Monday.
Ahli United made a net profit of $87.2 million for the three months to September 30, compared with $78.6 million in the corresponding period of 2011. Provisioning in the third quarter rose to $40.4 million, compared with $27.1 million in the corresponding period of 2011.
The bank's nine-month net profit attributable to shareholders was reported as $257.2 million, a 7 percent rise on the same period a year ago. (Reporting by Maha El Dahan; Writing by David French; Editing by Dinesh Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this