Bahrain's Ahli United Bank Q3 net profit rises 11 pct
DUBAI Nov 5 (Reuters) - Ahli United Bank, Bahrain's largest lender by market value, saw its third-quarter net profit rise 11 percent, the bank said in a statement on Monday.
Ahli United made a net profit of $87.2 million for the three months to September 30, compared with $78.6 million in the corresponding period of 2011. Provisioning in the third quarter rose to $40.4 million, compared with $27.1 million in the corresponding period of 2011.
The bank's nine-month net profit attributable to shareholders was reported as $257.2 million, a 7 percent rise on the same period a year ago. (Reporting by Maha El Dahan; Writing by David French; Editing by Dinesh Nair)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor who worked in Africa first Ebola case in New York City |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- U.S. stock futures tumble on reports of NY Ebola case