Economists cut forecasts for Brazil inflation, interest rates
SAO PAULO Nov 5 (Reuters) - Economists trimmed their forecasts for inflation in Brazil this year to 5.44 percent from 5.45 percent a week previously, a weekly central bank survey showed on Monday.
The median forecast for interest rates at the end of 2013 also edged down to 7.63 percent from 7.75 percent.
Forecasts for interest rates and economic growth in 2012 remained unchanged, as well as the median estimate for inflation next year.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |