Economists cut forecasts for Brazil inflation, interest rates
SAO PAULO Nov 5 (Reuters) - Economists trimmed their forecasts for inflation in Brazil this year to 5.44 percent from 5.45 percent a week previously, a weekly central bank survey showed on Monday.
The median forecast for interest rates at the end of 2013 also edged down to 7.63 percent from 7.75 percent.
Forecasts for interest rates and economic growth in 2012 remained unchanged, as well as the median estimate for inflation next year.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel