CF Industries quarterly profit jumps 22 percent
Nov 5 (Reuters) - Fertilizer producer CF Industries Holdings Inc posted a 22 percent jump in quarterly profit on Monday due in part to lower natural gas costs and price increases.
For the quarter, the company posted net income of $403.3 million, or $6.35 per share, compared with $330.9 million, or $4.73 per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue fell about 3 percent to $1.36 billion from $1.4 billion.
Last week, CF said it would spent $3.8 billion to expand ammonia and urea production capacity in Louisiana and Iowa.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter