- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
Danish debit card sales rise 6.2 pct in October
COPENHAGEN Nov 5 (Reuters) - Retail purchases with the Danish national debit card, Dankort, grew 6.2 percent in October from a year earlier to 25.6 billion crowns, card payment services firm Nets said on Monday.
The data are an indicator of private consumption and come ahead of the national statistics agency's retail sales figures.
Dankort purchases rose from the month before when they totalled 24.5 billion, said Nets, which is owned by Danish banks.
Danish retail sales fell 1.4 percent in September year-on-year, official data from Statistics Denmark showed on October 22.
(Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this