Netflix adopts poison pill
Nov 5 (Reuters) - Video rental company Netflix Inc adopted a poison pill to block hostile takeovers, days after billionaire investor Carl Icahn disclosed a 10 percent stake in the company.
The shareholder rights plan is not intended to interfere with any merger, tender or exchange offer or other business combination approved by the board, Netflix said in a statement.
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?