Barca's Pique returns from injury for Celtic trip
MADRID (Reuters) - Centre back Gerard Pique has returned to the Barcelona squad after injury and is fit for Wednesday's trip to Celtic in Champions League Group G.
"Happy to train with the team again. It felt really good!" Pique said on his official Twitter account on Monday.
The Spain international has been out of action with a foot injury since Barca's 3-2 win over Spartak Moscow seven weeks ago and his replacements have struggled at times.
He was named in Tito Vilanova's squad for the clash at the Scottish champions but Adriano Correia and Carles Puyol are out injured, while Sergio Busquets is suspended.
Group leaders Barca are five points above second-placed Celtic after three wins out of three and are close to securing last 16 qualification.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |