Prudential says to buy Thanachart Life Assurance for $590 mln
HONG KONG Nov 5 (Reuters) - Prudential plc said on Monday it would buy 100 percent of Thanachart Life Assurance Co Ltd, a wholly-owned life insurance subsidiary of Thanachart Bank for a total of 368 million pounds ($590.3 million).
Prudential said it would settle the purchase of 358 million pounds in cash and would pay a further 10 million pounds 12 months after the deal was completed.
The deal is subject to regulatory approval and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2013.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl