Prudential says to buy Thanachart Life Assurance for $590 mln
HONG KONG Nov 5 (Reuters) - Prudential plc said on Monday it would buy 100 percent of Thanachart Life Assurance Co Ltd, a wholly-owned life insurance subsidiary of Thanachart Bank for a total of 368 million pounds ($590.3 million).
Prudential said it would settle the purchase of 358 million pounds in cash and would pay a further 10 million pounds 12 months after the deal was completed.
The deal is subject to regulatory approval and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2013.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |