Prudential says to buy Thanachart Life Assurance for $590 mln
HONG KONG Nov 5 (Reuters) - Prudential plc said on Monday it would buy 100 percent of Thanachart Life Assurance Co Ltd, a wholly-owned life insurance subsidiary of Thanachart Bank for a total of 368 million pounds ($590.3 million).
Prudential said it would settle the purchase of 358 million pounds in cash and would pay a further 10 million pounds 12 months after the deal was completed.
The deal is subject to regulatory approval and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2013.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video