Prudential says to buy Thanachart Life Assurance for $590 mln
HONG KONG Nov 5 (Reuters) - Prudential plc said on Monday it would buy 100 percent of Thanachart Life Assurance Co Ltd, a wholly-owned life insurance subsidiary of Thanachart Bank for a total of 368 million pounds ($590.3 million).
Prudential said it would settle the purchase of 358 million pounds in cash and would pay a further 10 million pounds 12 months after the deal was completed.
The deal is subject to regulatory approval and is expected to close in the first quarter of 2013.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Special Report: Tsunami evacuees caught in $30 billion Japan money trap