Australia central bank holds rates at 3.25 pct
SYDNEY Nov 6 (Reuters) - Australia's central bank kept its main cash rate steady at 3.25 percent on Tuesday, surprising some in markets who had looked for a cut given an uncertain global outlook, a high local dollar and lower export prices.
The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) made the announcement following its monthly policy meeting. Most analysts had felt the RBA would cut rates to 3.0 percent, though markets had put the odds at less than 50-50.
For text of the statement see:
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources