Canada appoints two new Bank of Canada directors
TORONTO Nov 6 (Reuters) - The Canadian government said on Tuesday it appointed Phyllis Clark, the University of Alberta's chief financial officer, and Prince Edward Island lawyer Derek Key to the Bank of Canada's board of directors.
"Ms. Clark and Mr. Key bring significant financial, management and professional expertise to the Bank's Board," Canada's minister of finance, Jim Flaherty, said in a statement.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria