Coeur d'Alene Mines posts loss on weak silver prices
Nov 6 (Reuters) - Silver miner Coeur d'Alene Mines Corp posted a third-quarter loss due to a sharp drop in silver prices.
The company reported a net loss of $15.8 million, or 18 cents per share, compared with a profit of $23 million, or 26 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total metal sales in the quarter fell 33 percent to $230.6 million.
Silver prices fell 23 percent to average $29.9 per ounce during the July-September quarter, compared with the year-ago period.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |