Coeur d'Alene Mines posts loss on weak silver prices
Nov 6 (Reuters) - Silver miner Coeur d'Alene Mines Corp posted a third-quarter loss due to a sharp drop in silver prices.
The company reported a net loss of $15.8 million, or 18 cents per share, compared with a profit of $23 million, or 26 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total metal sales in the quarter fell 33 percent to $230.6 million.
Silver prices fell 23 percent to average $29.9 per ounce during the July-September quarter, compared with the year-ago period.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official