Coeur d'Alene Mines posts loss on weak silver prices
Nov 6 (Reuters) - Silver miner Coeur d'Alene Mines Corp posted a third-quarter loss due to a sharp drop in silver prices.
The company reported a net loss of $15.8 million, or 18 cents per share, compared with a profit of $23 million, or 26 cents per share, a year earlier.
Total metal sales in the quarter fell 33 percent to $230.6 million.
Silver prices fell 23 percent to average $29.9 per ounce during the July-September quarter, compared with the year-ago period.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets