Discovery third-quarter earnings down 10 percent
Nov 6 (Reuters) - Discovery Communications Inc reported worse-than-expected quarterly earnings on Tuesday due to a stronger dollar and higher taxes.
Discovery said its third-quarter net income fell more than 10 percent to $214 million, or 57 cents a share.
That missed Wall Street estimates of 63 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue was largely flat at $1.08 billion compared with average expectations of $1.09 billion.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking