Discovery third-quarter earnings down 10 percent
Nov 6 (Reuters) - Discovery Communications Inc reported worse-than-expected quarterly earnings on Tuesday due to a stronger dollar and higher taxes.
Discovery said its third-quarter net income fell more than 10 percent to $214 million, or 57 cents a share.
That missed Wall Street estimates of 63 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue was largely flat at $1.08 billion compared with average expectations of $1.09 billion.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76