Discovery third-quarter earnings down 10 percent
Nov 6 (Reuters) - Discovery Communications Inc reported worse-than-expected quarterly earnings on Tuesday due to a stronger dollar and higher taxes.
Discovery said its third-quarter net income fell more than 10 percent to $214 million, or 57 cents a share.
That missed Wall Street estimates of 63 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue was largely flat at $1.08 billion compared with average expectations of $1.09 billion.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South