Discovery third-quarter earnings down 10 percent
Nov 6 (Reuters) - Discovery Communications Inc reported worse-than-expected quarterly earnings on Tuesday due to a stronger dollar and higher taxes.
Discovery said its third-quarter net income fell more than 10 percent to $214 million, or 57 cents a share.
That missed Wall Street estimates of 63 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue was largely flat at $1.08 billion compared with average expectations of $1.09 billion.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers