Brazil stocks gain 2 pct as U.S. election nears conclusion
SAO PAULO Nov 6 (Reuters) - Brazil's benchmark Bovespa stock index tracked Wall Street higher on Tuesday, gaining 2 percent on investor optimism that the United States presidential election would yield a clear winner by the end of the day.
At 3:28 p.m. (1728 GMT), the Bovespa was up 2.02 percent to 59,386.39.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'