US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Dow gains 1 pct as election under way
NEW YORK Nov 6 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains and the Dow rose more than 1 percent on Tuesday as the prospect of a winner in the U.S. presidential election removed a major uncertainty that has been dogging investors.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 141.84 points, or 1.08 percent, at 13,254.28. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 11.18 points, or 0.79 percent, at 1,428.44. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 13.39 points, or 0.45 percent, at 3,013.05.
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight