US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Dow gains 1 pct as election under way
NEW YORK Nov 6 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains and the Dow rose more than 1 percent on Tuesday as the prospect of a winner in the U.S. presidential election removed a major uncertainty that has been dogging investors.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 141.84 points, or 1.08 percent, at 13,254.28. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 11.18 points, or 0.79 percent, at 1,428.44. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 13.39 points, or 0.45 percent, at 3,013.05.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |