US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Dow gains 1 pct as election under way
NEW YORK Nov 6 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to gains and the Dow rose more than 1 percent on Tuesday as the prospect of a winner in the U.S. presidential election removed a major uncertainty that has been dogging investors.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 141.84 points, or 1.08 percent, at 13,254.28. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 11.18 points, or 0.79 percent, at 1,428.44. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 13.39 points, or 0.45 percent, at 3,013.05.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM