- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- UPDATE 2-United Dreamliner diverted due to possible oil filter problem
- U.S. doctor group votes to recognize obesity as a disease
US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P up more than 1 pct on Election Day
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Nov 6 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Tuesday, with both the Dow and the S&P 500 up more than 1 percent, as voters chose the next president.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 169.58 points, or 1.29 percent, at 13,282.02. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 14.96 points, or 1.06 percent, at 1,432.22. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 21.82 points, or 0.73 percent, at 3,021.48.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this