US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P up more than 1 pct on Election Day
NEW YORK Nov 6 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks extended gains on Tuesday, with both the Dow and the S&P 500 up more than 1 percent, as voters chose the next president.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 169.58 points, or 1.29 percent, at 13,282.02. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 14.96 points, or 1.06 percent, at 1,432.22. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 21.82 points, or 0.73 percent, at 3,021.48.
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal