MSCI posts lower profit on higher expenses
Nov 6 (Reuters) - Investment analysis and market index company MSCI Inc posted a lower quarterly profit on higher expenses.
Net income fell to $48.3 million, or 39 cents per share, from $50 million, or 40 cents per share, a year earlier. Adjusted profit was 49 cents per share.
Vanguard Group, the largest U.S. mutual fund manager, said last month it was switching 22 of its biggest index funds away from benchmarks provided by MSCI to cut costs.
MSCI's operating expenses rose 6 percent to $152 million.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official