News Corp reports higher revenue for Sept. quarter
LOS ANGELES Nov 6 (Reuters) - Rupert Murdoch's News Corp on Tuesday reported higher quarterly revenue led by growth at its cable networks unit.
The media giant that owns Fox Broadcasting and The Wall Street Journal said revenue for the three months that ended in September reached $8.1 billion, a 2 percent increase from a year earlier. Earnings per share reached 94 cents for the quarter.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |