ICoast inflation rises to 3 pct in Oct: stats office
ABIDJAN (Reuters) - Year-on-year inflation in Ivory Coast rose to 3 percent in October from 2.2 percent in September, figures from the National Statistics Institute showed on Tuesday.
The monthly report showed food and soft drink prices climbed 5.2 percent, utility prices rose 3.4 percent, and communication costs declined 0.6 percent. Healthcare prices fell 0.8 percent and transport prices were up 2.1 percent.
Ivory Coast's economy makes up around 40 percent of the eight-nation West African CFA franc currency zone.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Exclusive: Probe into missing Malaysia plane looks at possible mid-air disintegration - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report