Nigeria to up 2012-2014 external debt by $1.3 bln: finmin
ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria's finance minister has asked lawmakers to expand its 2012-2014 external borrowing plan by $1.3 billion to take the total debt over the period to $9.2 billion.
The additional debt would be used to launch a $1 billion eurobond next year, a $100 million diaspora bond and for $200 million water projects in oil-producing Rivers state, the finance ministry said on Tuesday.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala put the proposal to the national assembly on Monday.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |