Putin dismisses Russian defence minister
MOSCOW Nov 6 (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin dismissed Defence Minister Anatoly Serdyukov on Tuesday after the ministry was drawn in to an investigation into allegations of fraudulent sales of military assets.
Putin was shown on television informing Sergei Shoigu, a former emergencies minister, that he wanted him to replace Serdyukov.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'