Putin dismisses Russian defence minister
MOSCOW Nov 6 (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin dismissed Defence Minister Anatoly Serdyukov on Tuesday after the ministry was drawn in to an investigation into allegations of fraudulent sales of military assets.
Putin was shown on television informing Sergei Shoigu, a former emergencies minister, that he wanted him to replace Serdyukov.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |