Ukraine lawmakers give cbank power to order forex conversions
KIEV Nov 6 (Reuters) - Ukraine's parliament voted on Tuesday to give the central bank legal powers to force exporters to convert at least part of their foreign currency earnings into hryvnias.
Such measures have been used by other emerging market central banks to defend their currencies in crisis situations since 2005.
The central bank has used market interventions to keep the hryvnia trading at around 8 per dollar.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data