Ennis, Felix and Adams on athlete of year shortlist
(Reuters) - Olympic champions Jessica Ennis of Britain, Allyson Felix of the United States and Valerie Adams of New Zealand have been named on the shortlist for the female athlete of the year award, the IAAF said in a statement on Tuesday.
Heptathlon champion Ennis, shotput champion Adams and 200 meters champion Felix received the most votes from a 2,400-strong panel.
The winner will be announced on November 24 in Barcelona, Spain.
Jamaica's Usain Bolt, American Aries Merritt and Kenyan David Rudisha are the three male finalists.
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- U.S. attorney general heads for racially charged St. Louis suburb
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |