French PM says industry deal to create 300k-400k jobs
PARIS (Reuters) - French Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault said on Tuesday that a competitiveness package designed to revive the industrial sector would create 300,000 to 400,000 jobs and raise economic growth by 0.5 percent by 2017.
"In all this well-targeted package, which is fully financed, should allow us to lift economic growth by 0.5 percent of GDP (gross domestic product) by 2017 and create more than 300,000 jobs," he told Les Echos newspaper.
(Reporting By Nicholas Vinocur; editing by Ron Askew)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow