Marathon Oil profit up 11 percent as production rises
(Reuters) - Marathon Oil Corp (MRO.N) on Tuesday reported an 11 percent increase in quarterly profit as oil and gas production rose.
Profit in the third quarter was $450 million, or 63 cents per share, compared with $405 million, or 57 cents per share, in the same quarter a year earlier.
Excluding one-time items, profit was 64 cents per share, matching analysts' average estimate, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Marathon's total production available for sale, excluding Libya, was 438,000 barrels oil equivalent (boe) per day during the quarter, up from 386,000 a year earlier. (Reporting By Anna Driver; editing by John Wallace)
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official