Mavericks' Marion out for at least three games
(Reuters) - The injury-hit Dallas Mavericks will be without forward Shawn Marion for at least three games because of a sprained left knee ligament, the National Basketball Association team said on Tuesday.
Marion, a four-time All-Star, has been scratched from Wednesday's home game against the Toronto Raptors and will not travel with the team to New York and Charlotte later this week.
The 34-year-old, who sprained his left medial collateral ligament in the third quarter of Dallas' 114-91 win over the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday, will be re-evaluated next week.
Marion is averaging 8.0 points, 9.0 rebounds and 3.3 assists after four games.
The 3-1 Mavericks began the season knowing they would be without 11-time All-Star Dirk Nowitzki for at least six weeks after the German forward had knee surgery last month.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies