News Corp sees cautious ad spending in final months of 2012
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Television advertisers appear cautious in their spending for the final months of the year, News Corp Chief Operating Officer Chase Carey said on Tuesday.
The London Olympics on NBC grabbed a large share of third-quarter ad spending, Carey said, but the fourth quarter of 2012 will be "a bit better" for News Corp.
"I think you've got a market that is pretty reserved and pretty cautious," Carey told analysts after the company reported its quarterly results.
"I think markets overall are OK, not great," he said.
(Reporting By Lisa Richwine; Editing by Ciro Scotti)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets