Car bomb explodes near Syrian mall, deaths reported
AMMAN (Reuters) - A car bomb exploded on Tuesday near a shopping center in northeast Damascus, killing and injuring several people, opposition activists in the capital said.
The bomb went off near Qasioun Mall in the religiously and ethnically mixed area of Ibn al-Nafis, they said.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis, Amman newsroom; Editing by Michael Roddy)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video