Shareholder Jana says weak Agrium earnings flag need for change
Nov 7 (Reuters) - The biggest shareholder in Agrium Inc , Jana Partners, said on Wednesday that the fertilizer company's weaker than expected quarterly earnings underscore the need for change.
"Most notably, this quarter's performance, and today's share price reaction, highlight that Agrium's strong retail business remains subject to the cyclicality of its commodity-driven wholesale business, despite the absence of any quantifiable benefits to shareholders from this combination," said Jana managing partner Barry Rosenstein, in an email to Reuters.
Jana has since May urged Agrium to spin off its retail division and make other improvements.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source