Carlyle says won't be bidding for UK's Chemring
Nov 7 (Reuters) - Carlyle Group said on Wednesday it will not make an offer for British defence equipment maker Chemring Group Plc, just days ahead of the deadline for the private equity company to make a firm bid or walk away.
Carlyle's announcement comes weeks after Chemring replaced its chief executive, raising doubts about a deal, and just days after the maker of flares and explosive device detectors issued a profit warning.
Chemring shares were down 16 percent at 239.22 pence on the London Stock Exchange.
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid