Carlyle says won't be bidding for UK's Chemring
Nov 7 (Reuters) - Carlyle Group said on Wednesday it will not make an offer for British defence equipment maker Chemring Group Plc, just days ahead of the deadline for the private equity company to make a firm bid or walk away.
Carlyle's announcement comes weeks after Chemring replaced its chief executive, raising doubts about a deal, and just days after the maker of flares and explosive device detectors issued a profit warning.
Chemring shares were down 16 percent at 239.22 pence on the London Stock Exchange.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source