Carlyle says won't be bidding for UK's Chemring
Nov 7 (Reuters) - Carlyle Group said on Wednesday it will not make an offer for British defence equipment maker Chemring Group Plc, just days ahead of the deadline for the private equity company to make a firm bid or walk away.
Carlyle's announcement comes weeks after Chemring replaced its chief executive, raising doubts about a deal, and just days after the maker of flares and explosive device detectors issued a profit warning.
Chemring shares were down 16 percent at 239.22 pence on the London Stock Exchange.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media