Devon Energy posts big loss on $1.1 bln charge
Nov 7 (Reuters) - Devon Energy Corp reported a third-quarter loss on a $1.1 billion asset impairment charge as a fall in natural gas prices reduced the carrying value of its assets.
Devon reported a loss of $719 million, or $1.80 per share, compared with a profit of $1 billion, or $2.51 per share, a year earlier.
Natural gas prices in the United States fell 30 percent to $2.83 per million British thermal units in the third quarter compared with a year earlier, due to heavy supplies. Prices of natural gas liquids have also declined on oversupply.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source