AarhusKarlshamn: AAK`s Interim Report for the third quarter, 2012
AarhusKarlshamn: AAK’s Interim Report for the third quarter, 2012
Chief Executive´s comments
Continued strong profit improvements driven by Food Ingredients coupled with continued very strong operational cash flow
Operating profit – reached a record high result for the third quarter of SEK 273 million (246), an improvement of 11 percent compared to the corresponding quarter in 2011. Operating profit per kilo reached SEK 0.71 (0.67), a significant improvement attributable to a continuing trend away from low margin commodity volumes and an exceptionally favourable product mix in Food Ingredients.
Business Area operating profit:
- Food Ingredients reached a record high third quarter of SEK 190 million (143), an improvement of 33 percent
- Chocolate & Confectionery Fats reported operating profit of SEK 88 million (112)
- Technical Products & Feed reported improved profits at SEK 22 million (15)
Earnings per share increased by 17 percent, from SEK 3.48 to SEK 4.08.
Sales amounted to SEK 4,277 million (4,462) and was significantly influenced by lower raw material prices.
Continuing very strong cash flow in the third quarter amounted to SEK 364 million (189), including changes in working capital of SEK 141 million (negative 68).
During the third quarter Group volume grew by 5 percent. Food Ingredients continued to demonstrate strong development, particularly in Bakery and Infant Nutrition, while commodity volumes in the UK declined materially. Chocolate & Confectionery Fats continued to be challenged while Technical Products & Feed started to recover.
Hurricane Sandy has temporarily interrupted production at AAK´s plants in New Jersey, USA. See further comments on page 2.
AAK Acceleration and recent acquisitions
We continue to see positive effects of the AAK Acceleration program (Growth-Efficiency-People). Recent acquisitions are developing in line with plans.
The impact on our industry from the more difficult general economy in Europe is difficult to predict. However, based on AAK’s customer value propositions for health and reduced costs, our customer product co-development and solutions approach, and the AAK Acceleration program, we continue to remain prudently optimistic for the future, mainly driven by a very strong Food Ingredients business.
CEO and President
The information is that which AarhusKarlshamn AB (publ) is obliged to publish under the provisions of the Stock Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or the Trading in Financial Instruments Act. The information was released to the media for publication on 7 November 2012 at 08.15 am CET.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
Investor Relations contact:
President and CEO
Phone: + 46 40 627 83 00
Chief Financial Officer
Phone: + 46 40 627 83 00
Head of Investor Relations
Phone: + 46 40 627 83 34
Mobile: + 46 708 95 22 21
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean: source |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source