CORRECTED-Leap Wireless posts quarterly profit
(Corrects paragraph 1 to say Leap posted a net profit due to a recent gain, and not because of a rise in demand for its high-speed broadband services)
Nov 7 (Reuters) - Low-cost mobile firm Leap Wireless International Inc reported a quarterly profit, compared with a year-ago loss, helped by a nearly $130 million net gain from a recent spectrum sale to Verizon Wireless.
The company reported a net profit of $25 million attributable to common stockholders, or 32 cents per share, for the third quarter, compared with a loss of $68.8 million, or 90 cents per share, a year earlier. (Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |