RPT-Euro extends gains vs dollar, Obama projected to win
SINGAPORE Nov 7 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains against the dollar and touched an intraday high on Wednesday after television networks projected that Barack Obama had won re-election as U.S. president over Republican Mitt Romney.
The euro rose to as high as $1.2876 and last stood at $1.2867, up 0.4 percent on the day.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’