RPT-Euro extends gains vs dollar, Obama projected to win
SINGAPORE Nov 7 (Reuters) - The euro extended gains against the dollar and touched an intraday high on Wednesday after television networks projected that Barack Obama had won re-election as U.S. president over Republican Mitt Romney.
The euro rose to as high as $1.2876 and last stood at $1.2867, up 0.4 percent on the day.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad