MEMC posts profit on semiconductor materials business
Nov 7 (Reuters) - Silicon wafer maker MEMC Electronic Materials Inc reported a quarterly profit on higher volumes at its semiconductor materials business, which makes wafers and other products used as components by electronics manufacturers.
Net income was $37 million, or 16 cents per share, for the third quarter, compared with a loss of $94.4 million, or 41 cents per share, a year ago.
Adjusted profit was 30 cents per share.
Analysts had expected a loss of 12 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data