Orbitz posts higher quarterly profit
Nov 7 (Reuters) - Orbitz Worldwide Inc said Wednesday that profit rose in the third quarter, as growth in hotel and vacation package revenue offset falling air travel revenue and it cut operating expenses.
The online travel agency said quarterly net income came to $14.8 million, or 14 cents a share, compared with $11.2 million, or 11 cents a share, a year earlier.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |