Orbitz posts higher quarterly profit
Nov 7 (Reuters) - Orbitz Worldwide Inc said Wednesday that profit rose in the third quarter, as growth in hotel and vacation package revenue offset falling air travel revenue and it cut operating expenses.
The online travel agency said quarterly net income came to $14.8 million, or 14 cents a share, compared with $11.2 million, or 11 cents a share, a year earlier.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'