Qualcomm revenue beats Wall Street view
NEW YORK Nov 7 (Reuters) - Qualcomm Inc reported quarterly revenue that beat Wall Street expectations as demand increased for chips in devices such as smartphones and tablet computers.
The chip maker's profit for its fiscal fourth-quarter ended Sept. 30 rose 20 percent from the year-ago quarter to $1.27 billion, or 73 cents per share.
Its revenue of $4.87 billion was up 18 percent from the year-ago quarter and compared with Wall Street expectations for $4.66 billion according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea