Sun Life swings to 3rd-quarter profit on investment results
TORONTO Nov 7 (Reuters) - Sun Life Financial swung back to a third-quarter profit due to better results from the insurer's investments, it said on Wednesday.
Sun Life, Canada's No. 3 life insurer, earned a net C$383 million ($384.63 million), or 64 Canadian cents a share, in the third quarter ended Sept 30.
That compared to a year-earlier loss of C$621 million, or C$1.07 a share, a year earlier, when the company's results were derailed by the impact of weak markets.
Analysts on average had expected a net profit of 63 Canadian cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's racist remarks dim Republican support
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |