Sun Life swings to 3rd-quarter profit on investment results
TORONTO Nov 7 (Reuters) - Sun Life Financial swung back to a third-quarter profit due to better results from the insurer's investments, it said on Wednesday.
Sun Life, Canada's No. 3 life insurer, earned a net C$383 million ($384.63 million), or 64 Canadian cents a share, in the third quarter ended Sept 30.
That compared to a year-earlier loss of C$621 million, or C$1.07 a share, a year earlier, when the company's results were derailed by the impact of weak markets.
Analysts on average had expected a net profit of 63 Canadian cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |