REFILE-Time Warner posts higher third-quarter profit
Nov 7 (Reuters) - Time Warner Inc on Wednesday posted a higher profit for the third quarter, as the media company's growth in its cable networks offset declines in its film and TV entertainment business.
Net income for the company, which owns a host of cable networks, premium TV service HBO, magazines and a movie studio, was $838 million, or 86 cents a share, compared with $822 million, or 78 cents a share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 3 percent from a year earlier to $6.84 billion. Analysts were expecting revenue of $6.89 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials