Orbitz posts higher quarterly profit
(Reuters) - Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW.N) said Wednesday that profit rose in the third quarter, as growth in hotel and vacation package revenue offset falling air travel revenue and it cut operating expenses.
The online travel agency said quarterly net income came to $14.8 million, or 14 cents a share, compared with $11.2 million, or 11 cents a share, a year earlier.
(Reporting by Karen Jacobs; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote