Magnitude 5.5 earthquake hits Iran, USGS reports
LONDON (Reuters) - A shallow magnitude 5.5 earthquake hit northwest Iran on Wednesday morning, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
The quake was centered 32 miles north-northeast of Tabriz, at a depth of 6.2 miles, the USGS said.
(Writing by John Stonestreet ; Editing by Toby Chopra)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video