CNN projects Rep. Jackson wins Illinois House seat
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - CNN projected that Democratic Representative Jesse Jackson, Jr. won the race for Illinois' second congressional district in Tuesday's election.
Jackson is the subject of a criminal investigation over financial improprieties and has been treated for depression and bipolar disorder. He defeated Republican Brian Woodworth, a lawyer and professor at Olivet Nazarene University.
(Reporting By Mark Felsenthal)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions