Fox News projects Democrat Donnelly wins Indiana Senate seat
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Fox News projected that Democrat Joe Donnelly won the U.S. Senate seat for Indiana in Tuesday's election.
Donnelly defeated Republican Richard Mourdock, whose comment that even pregnancy after rape could be "something that God intended" stirred controversy. Mourdock had defeated incumbent Republican Senator Richard Lugar in the primary election.
(Reporting By Mark Felsenthal)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video