WellPoint profit tops estimates on lower costs
Nov 7 (Reuters) - WellPoint Inc's quarterly profit beat analysts' expectations due to lower costs and the health insurer reiterated its full-year earnings forecast.
Net income rose to $691.2 million, or $2.15 per share, in the third quarter, from $683.2 million, or $1.90 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned $2.09 per share.
Analysts' on average expected earnings of $1.84, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |