WellPoint profit tops estimates on lower costs
Nov 7 (Reuters) - WellPoint Inc's quarterly profit beat analysts' expectations due to lower costs and the health insurer reiterated its full-year earnings forecast.
Net income rose to $691.2 million, or $2.15 per share, in the third quarter, from $683.2 million, or $1.90 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned $2.09 per share.
Analysts' on average expected earnings of $1.84, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |