WellPoint profit tops estimates on lower costs
Nov 7 (Reuters) - WellPoint Inc's quarterly profit beat analysts' expectations due to lower costs and the health insurer reiterated its full-year earnings forecast.
Net income rose to $691.2 million, or $2.15 per share, in the third quarter, from $683.2 million, or $1.90 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned $2.09 per share.
Analysts' on average expected earnings of $1.84, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Reporter allowed to keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule