Banco do Brasil sligthly beats forecast despite higher provision
SAO PAULO Nov 8 (Reuters) - State-controlled Banco do Brasil, the nation's largest lender, reported on Thursday third-quarter profit that slightly beat analysts' estimates, even as provisions on bad loans exceeded expectations.
Banco do Brasil posted recurring net income, or profit excluding one-off items, of 2.657 billion reais ($1.31 billion),
compared with an average estimate of 2.634 billion reais in a Reuters poll of seven analysts.
The bank reported recurring profit of 2.573 billion reais a year earlier and 2.986 billion reais in the second quarter of this year.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park