Banco do Brasil sligthly beats forecast despite higher provision
SAO PAULO Nov 8 (Reuters) - State-controlled Banco do Brasil, the nation's largest lender, reported on Thursday third-quarter profit that slightly beat analysts' estimates, even as provisions on bad loans exceeded expectations.
Banco do Brasil posted recurring net income, or profit excluding one-off items, of 2.657 billion reais ($1.31 billion),
compared with an average estimate of 2.634 billion reais in a Reuters poll of seven analysts.
The bank reported recurring profit of 2.573 billion reais a year earlier and 2.986 billion reais in the second quarter of this year.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |